Your Right to Information & Access to Services

Knowing how your local health district works can help you to find and use services, develop a relaxed & working relationship with health staff.

To speak to someone about your hospital experience you can contact the NUM (Nursing Unit Manager) on the ward or speak to the Patient Liaison Officer (PLO) if you want to provide compliments, complaints and general feedback about care and access to services.

Contact the following hospitals and community health facilities to speak to a Patient Liaison Officer or Aboriginal Liaison Officer


Patient Liaison Officers   Aboriginal Liaison Officers
Bankstown-Lidcombe Hospital  9722 8262 9722 7177
Bowral & District Hospital 4861 0378 4861 0247
Braeside Hospital  1300 426 666  
Campbelltown/Camden Hospitals 4634 3852 4634 3967
Fairfield Hospital   9616 8124 9616 8292 or  0477 746 065
Karitane 9794 2359  
Liverpool Hospital                

8738 6354 or 8738 6632

8738 6716
Community Health Centres 4621 8762  
Drug Health Services   0429 951 121                                                                                                   
Mental Health Services 0438 595 284  
Oral Health Services   0476 824 465  









 South Western Sydney Local Health District Publications

Your Right to Information 

Privacy & Personal Information

Information for People with a Disability and their Carers

Information for Carers - A guide to services and supports for carers and families

Patient Information and Privacy - A guide for Carers and Family

Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care

Is an Australian government agency that leads and coordinates national improvements in the safety and quality of health care.

Seniors Rights Service

Is a free and confidential legal & advocacy service for older people in NSW. They offer a comprehensive referral service and may provide limited legal assistance for financially and socially disadvantaged older people.

Disability Advocacy 

Australian Federation of Disability Organisations website provides a list of organisations that advocate on behalf of people who have a disability.

Family Advocacy

Supports families/consumers who are experiencing problems accessing or trying to access the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).

Mental Health Advocacy Service (MHAS)

Is a state-wide specialist service of Legal Aid NSW. They provide free legal information, advice and assistance about mental health law.

© 2016 South Western Sydney Local Health District
Last Updated: 27 August, 2019
NSW Ministry of Health |   SWSLHD on YouTube   SWSLHD on Facebook   SWSLHD on Twitter
Disclaimer | Privacy Statement | Accessibility | Sitemap