Integrated Carer Support Service
New services for carers
Services and support through the Integrated Carer Support Service (ICSS) is now available to carers, both online and face-to-face.
Services can be accessed by contacting the Carer Gateway.
Online services include:
- Peer support to assist you to connect with and learn from other carers. This online community forum will help carers share their stories, knowledge and experiences.
- Self-guided coaching to support and teach you skills useful to your caring situation. The coaching modules will cover a range of topics and can be completed at your own pace online.
Face-to-face services inlcude:
Please note, availability of face-to-face services may be affected due to COVID-19.
- Carer support planning – to help you identify what areas of support will best help you in your caring role and to develop a simple plan for ongoing support and service.
- Tailored financial packages – to give carers practical assistance for one-off practical support or a range of ongoing practical supports, such as respite or transport, provided over a twelve-month period.
- In-person counselling – for one-on-one support with a professional counsellor if you feel stressed or overwhelmed.
- In-person peer support – where you can meet with people in similar caring situations and share your stories, knowledge and experience.
- In-person coaching – where you can work one-on-one with a qualified coach to gain skills and resilience to help you as a carer. You can reflect on how you are going, how you would like things to be, and how you might take steps towards making things happen.
- Emergency respite care – to make sure the person you care for will be looked after if an urgent or unplanned event stops you from being there.