Campbelltown Hospital provides a comprehensive service for acute and chronic respiratory disease: a 24 hour clinical service for acute respiratory diseases such as pneumonia, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), pulmonary embolism and pneumothorax, runs in parallel to interventional diagnostic services including bronchoscopy, and an inpatient consultation service. Critically ill patients and patients with thoracic malignancy are managed in cooperation with the intensive care services and oncology services, respectively. Imaging-guided biopsy and pleural aspiration are facilitated by the radiology service. Respiratory clinics provide outpatient follow up and care coordination for patients with a variety of chronic respiratory diseases, with provision for liaison with the local community health services via our Respiratory Clinical Nurse Consultant. An array of complex respiratory function testing is available through our Respiratory Function Laboratory.
Clinics currently cater for General Respiratory Medicine, Inflammatory Lung Disease and Sleep and Respiratory Failure. Smokers’ Clinic runs in parallel to the respiratory clinics, reflecting the priority that we place on this issue.
Bookings are accepted from all sources (i.e. general practitioner, internal and external specialists). Appointments are made after receipt by fax or post of a standard referral letter fulfilling Medicare requirements for a privatised clinic, and inclusive of full contact details of patient and referring doctor. Please use the referral form attached for access to respiratory clinics or pulmonary function testing. (weblink to PDF outpatients referral form)
Fax referrals to: (02) 4634 3300
Post to: Department of Medicine, Campbelltown Hospital PO Box 149
Campbelltown NSW 2560
Once a referral is received and processed, a letter will be sent out detailing the appointment time and date. Referrals of a more urgent nature (warranting review within one month) should be discussed directly with the on call respiratory consultant or the senior respiratory registrar.
- Dr Belinda Cochrane, Staff Specialist Respiratory Physician & Head of Department
- Dr Haider Naqvi, Staff Specialist Respiratory Physician
- Dr Graeme Thompson, Staff Specialist Respiratory Physician
- Dr Kevin Chan, Staff Specialist Respiratory Physician
- Dr Soo Wei Foo, Staff Specialist Respiratory Physician
- Dr Erica Meggitt, Staff Specialist Respiratory Physician
- Dr Cica Santos, Staff Specialist Respiratory Physician
- Sr Teresa Kemp, Respiratory Clinical Nurse Consultant
- Dr Ping Yan, Respiratory Scientist, Respiratory Function Laboratory
- Senior Registrar/Advanced Trainee Registrar
- Basic Trainee Registrars
- Respiratory Interns/Junior Medical Officers
- Cardiopulmonary interactions, centred on the beta adrenergic receptor: beta-blocker use in the obstructive airways diseases.
- Mechanisms and inflammatory processes in COPD and asthma and their effects on the immune response to respiratory infections.
- Chronic cough in sleep-disordered breathing.
- Barriers to correct inhaler technique in COPD
- Non-invasive ventilation as palliative management in COPD