Research strengths for the Department of Medicine include.
- Allergy and Immunology
- Stroke treatment
- Treatment of high blood pressure in pregnancy
- Cancer clinical trial
- Treatment of acute myocardial infarction (heart attack)
- Gastroenterology Audits in cirrhosis, peptic ulcer disease, gastrointestinal infection and endoscopy
- Cardiology research in Echocardiography, Cardiac Rehabilitation and Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Respiratory clinical research, particularly in relation to obstructive lung diseases, ranging from the upper respiratory tract (ie. Obstructive sleep apnoea, OSA) to the lower airways
Clinical research includes clinical audit and clinical trials.
Opportunities for basic sciences research include projects in collaboration with the scientists of the University of Western Sydney.
Opportunities exist for studies by medical and other students of UWS in either summer projects or honours. Higher degree programs exist in most areas and can be negotiated with the individual academic clinicians or by emailing email@example.com.