Given the success of the weekly webinars held in the month of August, the Research Directorate will be holding REGIS + Research Information Webinars every second Wednesday at 2:00pm via Pexip. Slides from previous presentations can be accessed on the Research Directorate website under Training: https://www.swslhd.health.nsw.gov.au/ethics/training.html. Moving forward, the webinars will be on the first and third Wednesday of each month.
The webinars will cover:
• Research basics
• How to use REGIS and make various submissions
• Suggestions on how to answer questions in your application
• What information we are looking for in an SSA
• What the HREC wants to see in your application
• Overview of research policies and guidelines
• Data storage… what you should and shouldn’t do
• And more!
The current schedule of webinars is as follows:
• Wednesday 7 August 2019 – REGIS Frequently Asked Questions! - ACCESS SLIDES HERE
• Wednesday 14 August 2019 – REGIS + Submit what and where? - ACCESS SLIDES HERE
• Wednesday 21 August 2019 – REGIS + How to do further information requests - ACCESS SLIDES HERE
• Wednesday 28 August 2019 – REGIS + How to obtain Head of Department sign off - ACCESS SLIDES HERE
• Wednesday 4 September 2019 – REGIS + Do’s and Don’ts + Tips and Tricks to streamline your review - ACCESS SLIDES HERE
• Wednesday 18 September 2019 – National Statement – Research Pathway, Risks and Benefits, and REGIS FAQs - ACCESS SLIDES HERE
• Wednesday 2 October 2019 – National Statement – Waiver of Consent, Opt Out, Limited Disclosure, REGIS FAQs - ACCESS SLIDES HERE
• Wednesday 16 October 2019 – Writing your Protocol + REGIS
• Wednesday 6 November 2019 – When do you need a research contract? + REGIS
Training will be ongoing. For further information on the topics to be covered please check the website.
Please see the Instructions below on how to join the webinar. You can use your desktop, laptop or mobile phone with internet connection.
Details for the meeting are as below:
From a phone
audio only Dial 02 9842 2500 and when prompted, enter 4407046 #
Joining via the web
Google Chrome browser only Go to https://conference.meet.health.nsw.gov.au. Enter 4407046 and your name then press ‘Connect’
If you are required to present your screen, you will need to install the Pexip Screen Sharing Extension using Chrome https://www.pexip.com/extension
From a NSW Health video conference unit Dial 4407046
From an external video conference unit (non NSW Health) Enter the following link: firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember to mute your call to ensure that the training runs on time and smoothly.
The following courses are available on MyHealthLearning:
Research: Planning the Research Process (DEV 933)
Research: Introduction for Beginners (40027982)
Easy Guide to Writing (40165467)
Presentation skills (42033607)
RESEARCH EDUCATION RESOURCES - Nursing, Allied Health and Medical Clinicians
Research education resources have been developed for Nursing, Allied Health and Medical clinicians in SWSLHD. These resources provide guidance on topics, including:
- how to begin a research project;
- how to fit research in with clinical work;
- statistical support available;
- conducting clinical trials in SWSLHD;
- engaging with diverse communities, and more.
The resources include videos that address common research-related FAQs, helpful links and references. The videos are available for free on the Ingham Institute for Applied Medical Research website: https://inghaminstitute.org.au/resources/training/