Given the success of the weekly webinars held in the month of August, the Research Directorate will be holding REGIS + Research Information Webinars every second Wednesday at 2:00pm via Pexip. Slides from previous presentations can be accessed on the Research Directorate website under Training: https://www.swslhd.health.nsw.gov.au/ethics/training.html. Moving forward, the webinars will be on the first and third Wednesday of each month.
The webinars will cover:
• Research basics
• How to use REGIS and make various submissions
• Suggestions on how to answer questions in your application
• What information we are looking for in an SSA
• What the HREC wants to see in your application
• Overview of research policies and guidelines
• Data storage… what you should and shouldn’t do
• And more!
The current schedule of webinars is as follows:
• Wednesday 7 August 2019 – REGIS Frequently Asked Questions! - ACCESS SLIDES HERE
• Wednesday 14 August 2019 – REGIS + Submit what and where? - ACCESS SLIDES HERE
• Wednesday 21 August 2019 – REGIS + How to do further information requests - ACCESS SLIDES HERE
• Wednesday 28 August 2019 – REGIS + How to obtain Head of Department sign off - ACCESS SLIDES HERE
• Wednesday 4 September 2019 – REGIS + Do’s and Don’ts + Tips and Tricks to streamline your review - ACCESS SLIDES HERE
• Wednesday 18 September 2019 – National Statement – Research Pathway, Risks and Benefits, and REGIS FAQs - ACCESS SLIDES HERE
• Wednesday 2 October 2019 – National Statement – Waiver of Consent, Opt Out, Limited Disclosure, REGIS FAQs - ACCESS SLIDES HERE
• Wednesday 16 October 2019 – Writing your Protocol + REGIS - ACCESS SLIDES HERE
• Wednesday 6 November 2019 – When do you need a research contract? + REGIS - ACCESS SLIDES HERE
• Wednesday 20 November 2019 – Tips and Tricks for Low Risk Ethics Applications - ACCESS SLIDES HERE
The current schedule of webinars for 2020 is as follows:
• Wednesday 19 February 2020 - Protocol Requirements - ACCESS SLIDES HERE
Training will be ongoing. For further information on the topics to be covered please check the website.
Please see the Instructions below on how to join the webinar. You can use your desktop, laptop or mobile phone with internet connection.
Join Skype Meeting
Trouble Joining? Try Skype Web App
Join by phone
+61 2 8330 9399 (NSW) English (Australia)
Find a local number
Conference ID: 46932349
Forgot your dial-in PIN? | Help
To Join from a Video Conference Device/Room:
1. Internally, dial 4309399 then enter the Conference ID above followed by #.
2. Externally, dial firstname.lastname@example.org then enter the Conference ID above followed by #.
Having trouble with the Skype Web App? Try the following page: https://join.health.nsw.gov.au.
Remember to mute your call to ensure that the training runs on time and smoothly.
The following courses are available on MyHealthLearning:
Research: Planning the Research Process (DEV 933)
Research: Introduction for Beginners (40027982)
Easy Guide to Writing (40165467)
Presentation skills (42033607)
RESEARCH EDUCATION RESOURCES - Nursing, Allied Health and Medical Clinicians
Research education resources have been developed for Nursing, Allied Health and Medical clinicians in SWSLHD. These resources provide guidance on topics, including:
- how to begin a research project;
- how to fit research in with clinical work;
- statistical support available;
- conducting clinical trials in SWSLHD;
- engaging with diverse communities, and more.
The resources include videos that address common research-related FAQs, helpful links and references. The videos are available for free on the Ingham Institute for Applied Medical Research website: https://inghaminstitute.org.au/resources/training/