1. How do I submit Research Applications?
- Please use REGIS to submit all applications, including amendments, annual reports, safety notifications, addition of site, addition of investigator, etc. for existing studies that were submitted via the old system, Online Forms. REGIS can be accessed here - https://regis.health.nsw.gov.au/ Please ensure you follow the Quick Reference Guides which provide step-by-step instructions on how to complete all applications - this will ensure you don't make an error that may prevent your application from being registered for review - https://regis.health.nsw.gov.au/how-to/
2. I have a Clinical Trial Agreement and Indemnity Forms, do I need to submit a hard copy?
- Only if the sponsor requires a hard copy. SWSLHD is electronic, and is happy to do electronic exchange. Please at least upload the agreement and indemnity onto REGIS with your SSA. If the sponsor requires a hard copy, please provide 2 copies to the SWSLHD Research Directorate.
3. What is SWSLHD's address for agreements?
South Western Sydney Local Health District
Administration Building, Eastern Campus, Liverpool Hospital
Locked Bag 7279, Liverpool BC 1871
ABN: 46 738 965 845
6. What are the closing dates for Low Risk projects?
- There are no closing dates for submitting Low Risk and Quality Assurance projects. Applications can be submitted on REGIS at anytime. This is designed to expedite the review process.
5. Should I make an appointment before submitting paperwork to the office?
- Yes, we highly recommend you take advantage of a pre-meeting application check with a member of our staff, as this may help speed up the approval process. We are also very happy for you to email through your draft Protocol so that we may review and provide you with comments prior to formal submission.
6. Can I submit CTRA's and/or Indemnity Forms by post?
- Yes, but the Research Directorate accepts no responsibility for applications not received. We recommend you make an appointment to submit your application in person to ensure guaranteed delivery.
7. Where are you located in Liverpool Hospital?
- We are located on Level 2 at the UNSW Clinical School. Enter Liverpool Hospital via Entrance B (next to ED) and take 'Lift A' to Level 2, turn left (twice) and we are located within the UNSW Clinical School.
If you are planning on conducting research across various PHOs and would like more information or contact details, please click on the link www.health.nsw.gov.au/ethics/Pages/faqs.aspx