Bowral & District Hospital Redevelopment
The NSW Government has committed $68.7 million towards the Bowral & District Hospital Stage 1 Redevelopment;
delivering improved access and contemporary health care services for the community.
Stage 1 of the redevelopment of Bowral & District Hospital has now commenced.
The project will deliver a new building for clinical services which will include:
- emergency department
- operating theatres and procedure room
- adult and paediatric inpatient units
- maternity unit and birthing suites
- sub-acute beds and rehabilitation space
- a new hospital entrance
- linkways and connections to existing buildings and supporting services in the retained buildings
- ground level car parking and drop off facilities, and overall improved access and wayfinding
throughout the campus
- upgrades to IT and engineering services infrastructure.
This project is being delivered by Health Infrastructure in partnership with South Western Sydney Local
Health District and is due for completion in late 2020.
Frequently Asked Questions
Information for Patients - Where should I park?
Schematic Design and Sketches March 2019
Community Consultation Q&As
Community Drop In Sessions
Redevelopment Fact Sheet 2018
Redevelopment Information Sheet
Check out our News and Events page or stay up to date with all the latest redevelopment news via the hospital's Facebook page at www.facebook.com/BowralandDistrictHospital/
Register for updates by sending your name and email address to:
If you are looking for any additional publications or documentation regarding the Bowral & District Hospital
Stage One Redevelopment, please visit:
Video - ‘How to build a Hospital’ (Health Infrastructure) explains the process behind building a hospital
in NSW Health.
If you are interested in the history of our hospital you can follow our Flashback Friday Facebook posts
or have a look at our 125 Year Anniversary website.