Bowral & District Hospital (B&DH) is a major Rural Hospital which provides a wide range of services, including general medical, obstetrics and gynaecology, paediatric, surgical, orthopaedics, ophthalmology, geriatric and emergency services.
Originally founded in 1889, Bowral & District Hospital has been serving the needs of its local population for over a hundred years. From humble cottage hospital origins, the hospital has grown to an almost 100-bed facility, offering a range of general and specialised services. A $68.7 million investment in the redevelopment of the hospital saw a new Clinical Services Building open in late 2020, with planning currently underway on a $55 million second stage of redevelopment works. Learn more about this significant investment in our hospital at https://www.swslhd.health.nsw.gov.au/bowral/redevelopment.html
Part of the South Western Sydney Local Health District, Bowral has close links with a range of Sydney's teaching and referring hospitals including Liverpool, Fairfield, Bankstown and Campbelltown Hospitals.