Aged Care and Rehabilitation

How to access services

Finding out about, and getting access to, services can sometimes be difficult for members of the community. This is particularly the case at the moment because there are major changes happening in the ways that services are funded and organised. These changes will continue to occur during 2015 and into the following year.

One major change has been the opening of  a single, national point of information and referral called My Aged Care.  There is a lot of information on the My Aged Care website and a national phone line - 1800 200 422. It is best to call this number if you need general support at home - such as help with showering, meals, domestic cleaning, transport or home maintenance. My Aged Care also funds some allied health services for people over 65.

If you have more health-related needs you can also call a referral service run by the Local Health District called the Triple I (HUB). Their number is 1800 455 511. They can refer you to a range of services conducted by the local health service that the My Aged Care phone line may not fund or be aware of. You can call this number also to get an assessment to go into an aged care home or to receive high level packages of care in your home.

If you have enquires about respite, you can contact your local Commonwealth Respite and Carelink Centre on 1800 052 222.

© 2016 South Western Sydney Local Health District
Last Updated: 23 September, 2015
NSW Ministry of Health |   SWSLHD on YouTube   SWSLHD on Facebook   SWSLHD on Twitter
Disclaimer | Privacy Statement | Accessibility | Sitemap