Access Request Forms
What is an Access Request?
An access request review, instead of site specific assessment, should be completed for all human research projects that require support from a NSW Public Health Organisation in the form of access to participants, tissue or data but do not involve the conduct of research at that Public Health Organisation.
For example, access request review should be used if the project involves one or more of the following activities at the Public Health Organisation:
- Participant recruitment through posters, leaflets, handouts and letter of invitation but not recruitment through direct contact with potential participants or enrolment;
- Distribution of surveys and questionnaires through staff of the Public Health Organisation but not collation and analysis of responses at that Public Health Organisation; and
- Access to data or tissue held at the Public Health Organisation but not processing or analysis at that Public Health Organisation.
The Research Governance Officer has the discretion to request that the application is submitted for site specific assessment if they consider that the project involves the conduct of research at a site.
Access Request Submission to SWSLHD HREC
Please submit the following documents for access request application for SWSLHD sites to SWSLHDfirstname.lastname@example.org
1. Access request form available: https://www.medicalresearch.nsw.gov.au/site-authorisation/
2. Cover letter including:
• Title of the project
• Reviewing HREC
• Principal Investigator
• List of local staff that will be involved
• Summary of project/involvement and implications for SWSLHD
• List of attached documents
• Signed by the principal investigator
3. HREC approval letter and amendment approval letters
4. HREC approved documents
5. Approved Human Research Ethics Application (HREA)
6. Document/s to be displayed in SWSLHD sites should be amended to include the following site specific details (attach the tracked and clean version for review):
?- A site specific version number/date must be included in addition to the master version number/date. There should be two version numbers/dates, e.g. Liverpool Hospital, Version 1.0, 10 January 2015, MASTER Version 1.0, 8 January 2015
?- South Western Sydney Local Health District logo must be used. This is available on request by return email.
7. Email or signed letter from SWSLHD Head of Department involved providing support for the project.