Brief History of Liverpool Hospital Trauma Department
In 1810 Governor Lachlan Macquarie established a hospital in the town of Liverpool on the banks of the George's River in the colony of New South Wales. Since that time the hospital has been providing continuous care for the residents of the Liverpool Area and surrounds. In 1988 the Trauma and Injury Department was established at Liverpool Hospital.
A brief history of important milestones in the development of Trauma Care at the hospital is contained in A BRIEF HISTORY 1810 to 2003.