ICU Home Page
Liverpool Hospital began in the 1790's as a tent hospital for soldiers and convicts and has been operating continuously since that time. The first brick hospital was established 1813 beside the Georges River and a larger stone hospital building, which still stands, was built by convict labour and opened in 1825. The existing main hospital building was opened in 1958. The current Clinical Building was completed in early 1997 and the new Stage 2 redevelopment building was opened in November 2010. Liverpool is a tertiary referral hospital, and major trauma centre and a principal teaching hospital of the University of New South Wales since 1989.